This August I was a slow reader and I had other projects going on so my available time for reading was reduced. But, I intend on changing this situation on September.
So let’s get to it!
The “Read” list of August, 2016:
- The Practicing Mind: Bringing Discipline and Focus into Your Life by Thomas M. Sterner: This book has been on Kindle for quite a while. I’ve decided to give it try because I felt I was in need of some disciplinary words in my life. It was a nice read that teaches us to enjoy the journey, not the destination.
- In the Black (Tales from the Edge, #1) by Sheryl Nantus: this was last month’s pick of the Vaginal Fantasy bookclub. Imagine science-fiction + space opera + romance +mystery. It was a light read that I used to have fun and relax a bit.
The added “To-Read” list of August, 2016:
- The Joy of Swimming: A Celebration of Our Love for Getting in the Water by Lynn Cox (Foreword), Lisa Congdon (Illustrations): this book was a recommendation by Tammy Strobel of the Rowdy Kittens website. I have been practicing swimming since 2008 and it is one of my favorite physical exercises.
- Do Less: A Minimalist Guide to a Simplified, Organized, and Happy Life by Rachel Jonat: another one about minimalism!
- Dark Witch (The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts: I don’t remember where I saw this recommendation but I added it to my romance/light read list.
- The Perfect Theory: A Century of Geniuses and the Battle over General Relativity by Pedro G. Ferreira: history of the theory of general relativity by a Portuguese astrophysics professor because “Yes, Science!”.
The “I am still reading and haven’t finished yet” pile:
- Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1) by Elizabeth Haydon: 43%!
- The Complete Persepolis (Persepolis) by Marjane Satrapi, Mattias Ripa: 50%!
And what is next?
Yes, I have an obvious plan this month: finish reading the unfinished ones (duh!). And, for my French practice, maybe:
See you next month! Happy reading!
❤ What did you think? If you liked this post, please recommend it!